All you ever wanted to know about Karen but were too afraid to ask.
- WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD AS A CHILD?
I know the answer to this should be something typical like spaghetti, or pizza, or hot dogs. But if I think “favourite food as a kid”, I think that favourite would imply that it was the one meal I repeatedly asked my mum to cook for my special birthday dinner. And for me, that meal was a roasted leg of lamb. Mint sauce, frozen peas, mashed potatoes, and buckets of gravy. Still one of my favourites to this day.
- WHO IS YOUR CELEBRITY DOPPELGÄNGER?
Not that she really looks like me, but I’d want Sarah Silverman to play me in the movie of my life.
- IF YOU WERE IMMORTAL FOR A DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Bungee jump and skydrive on the same day.
- WHAT STORY ALWAYS GETS TOLD ABOUT YOU AT FAMILY GATHERINGS?
Well, there was this one time when I was 12 or 13, my older brother was showing off how strong he was by proving that he could lift Mum up off the ground. Yeah, so what? I said. So can I. And I proceeded to lift my mother up off the ground, and then accidentally drop her. She landed on her knee, dislocating it and badly damaging it. She was on crutches for months while she waited for restorative surgery. I’ll never be allowed to forget that one.
- WHAT IS THE BEST TRIP YOU’VE EVER BEEN ON?
- IF YOU COULD CHOOSE TO STAY THE SAME AGE FOREVER, WHAT AGE WOULD IT BE?
I want to say the age I am now, but then I think life is just going to get better, so I might wait a few years to answer this.
- IF YOU COULD MEET ANYONE, LIVING OR DEAD, WHO WOULD IT BE?
I’d love to meet Van Morrison to see if he’s really as curmudgeonly as he appears. And I’d also love to meet the Dalai Lama.
- WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
A good mum in my childrens’ eyes.
- CHOOSE THREE ADJECTIVES TO DESCRIBE YOU.
Determined (some might say stubborn), witty, genuine.
- IF YOU COULD WITNESS ANY EVENT PAST, PRESENT, OR FUTURE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
- WHAT CHORE DO YOU ABSOLUTELY HATE DOING?
- IF YOU COULD LEARN TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Paint. Fly a plane. Scuba dive.
- WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU EVER ATE?
The red pepper hummus at Rojo Lounge in Belize. Second to that are my Gran’s little shrimpies, just shrimp and cream cheese (and a few other ingredients) smeared on French bread and perfectly toasted.
- THE BIGGEST TROUBLE YOU EVER GOT INTO WAS WHEN…?
My knee jerk reaction is to say that the most trouble ever was after getting arrested for shoplifting as a teen. In retrospect, though, I remember the punishment for skipping class in 6th grade much more than I do for the shoplifting.
- IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY, WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD DO?
Buy the family an all expenses vacation in the sun while we figured out what to do next.
- IF YOU COULD ONLY EVER HEAR THREE SONGS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT SONGS WOULD THEY BE?
1 – Pedro by Dahlia
2 – Can’t Keep it In by Cat Stevens
3 – Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison