All you ever wanted to know about Don but were too afraid to ask.
- WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD AS A CHILD?
Saturday night we’d always have a steak dinner with mushrooms, potatoes and salad. One regular meal once a week, every Saturday, rain or shine. Dad liked it that way and we kept it going long after he died. I liked a lot of food as a kid, but those steak dinners were always my favourite and I still think of him when I make it today.
- WHO IS YOUR CELEBRITY DOPPELGÄNGER?
- IF YOU WERE IMMORTAL FOR A DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Jump off the CN Tower. Swim to the bottom of an ocean. Piggyback a jetplane…
- WHAT STORY ALWAYS GETS TOLD ABOUT YOU AT FAMILY GATHERINGS?
The one where no one would listen to me at West Edmonton Mall and we wandered around forever looking for the car because of it…and I tell it better and better every time I get the chance.
- WHAT IS THE BEST TRIP YOU’VE EVER BEEN ON?
Belize. We married there. We sent my 70+ year old mother down a jungle river into some dark caves with nothing but an inner tube and a lifejacket (she can’t swim). We climbed to the top of two mayan temples, and through the ruins of the cities around them. I got a tribal mudpack in the middle of the jungle. We got caught in two brutal tropical rainstorms – one was on purpose on a rooftop, the other was by accident, on the shoreline, surrounded by scorpions, with a dying (dead) flashlight. We skinny dipped in the resort pool after lights out on our honeymoon. We met amazing people and ate some fantastic food and most importantly, we gathered two families together for an amazing week that I’ll never forget.
- IF YOU COULD CHOOSE TO STAY THE SAME AGE FOREVER, WHAT AGE WOULD IT BE?
- IF YOU COULD MEET ANYONE, LIVING OR DEAD, WHO WOULD IT BE?
There’s so many people to choose from! For now I will just say Borje Salming, George Carlin, Bob Hope, Robert Jordan, and Bob Kane.
- WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
- CHOOSE THREE ADJECTIVES TO DESCRIBE YOU.
Funny, caring, patient.
- IF YOU COULD WITNESS ANY EVENT PAST, PRESENT, OR FUTURE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The Death Star exploding from the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon.
- WHAT CHORE DO YOU ABSOLUTELY HATE DOING?
Cleaning the toilet.
- IF YOU COULD LEARN TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Make millions of dollars.
- WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU EVER ATE?
I would have to say, as a whole experience, the post-wedding meal we had a Rojo Lounge in Belize. Second to that (and probably only in second because of the butter chicken), the meal Karen and I had at Oru at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. The lobster poppers at Fido’s in San Pedro are definitely worth a very honourable mention.
- THE BIGGEST TROUBLE YOU EVER GOT INTO WAS WHEN…?
The biggest trouble I ever got caught for was theft under $1000 at a drug store in White Oaks Mall. That beats getting arrested for trespassing, right? As for everything else…it only counts if you’re caught, right?
- IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY, WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU WOULD DO?
Buy a bottle of champagne and an iPhone.
- IF YOU COULD ONLY EVER HEAR THREE SONGS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT SONGS WOULD THEY BE?
Tough one. Off the top of my head, right now:
1 – Pedro by Dahlia
2 – We Are Alive by Paul Van Dyke
3 – Cobrastyle by Robyn